Changes regularly affect many rooms in the apartment, including bathrooms. To do this, they find many of the most original and non-standard solutions. Today we will look at how the design of a small bathroom will change in 2023, using cutting-edge trends.
Designers call 2023 a simple and natural year. Already now in the distant past turned out to be luxury and chic decoration. Modern designers act in line with peace and quiet, creating a harmonious space from the inside and outside.
In the design trend of a modern small bathroom is functionality. This is necessary to maximize the use of the available space. First of all, you should have enough space for swimming. Often this allows you to do this by combining space for a shower and bath. You can also make a choice in favor of one of these elements.
By planning this in a small bathroom, you can visually make the room larger than it really is.
On the eve of the New Year, designers have taken care of how to hide the mess in the bathroom. It is for this reason that the design of such premises cannot be imagined without the use of various cabinets, baskets, special racks, rails, boxes, so that each item is in its place. In the vastness of the Internet community, there are many photos with various containers for a small bathtub with enough space for a washing machine.
Important! To clean up the mess and not lose the desired centimeters, designers recommend the use of special systems for storing things. They will make the room comfortable and convenient.
For many years, people have tried to share a bathroom with a toilet, although each of the rooms turned out to be tiny. Now there is an opposite trend. Increasingly, they are developing the design of a small bathroom combined with a bathroom. In 2023, many projects are being developed in this vein. Let’s look at other trends in more detail.
Designers in the modern world pay attention to naturalness and serenity when designing bathrooms. Many experts try to attract natural ingredients for sheathing, so that the room becomes airy and bright.
To do this, designers take the following steps:
- Wall painting in a neutral tone. This solution contributes to the complete relaxation of vision. Beige, gray, brown, soft green and muted tones will dominate next season.
- Stylists refuse to use the brightest textures, replacing such a decision with the tangible beauty of natural stone, marble, terracotta and other similar substances.
- Another trend of the coming season is light and transparency. Designers refuse bulky designs when designing. Many experts offer to improve the room by installing glass partitions, walls, glass shelves.
- Designers call the trend of the coming season a lot of green plants. Modern bathroom design 2023 is looking in this vein. Experts suggest making a choice in favor of heat-loving and moisture-loving plants, so that human life will be comfortable.
In the distant past, according to designers, the use of bizarre patterns in the style of classics and baroque remains. They were replaced by the use of extremely clear geometric shapes. A similar solution looks especially preferable for a small bath located in Khrushchev. Geometric shapes make the room rhythmic and harmonious.
Achieving this effect is facilitated by the use of the following design solutions:
- the use of a strict and concise ornament on the surface of the tile;
- the use of abstract figures in the room;
- often used small tiles.
Advice! Rectangular tiles are often used to decorate a room. Patterns are repeated sequentially. This decision makes the room visually larger. To increase the space, you can also use mirrors by hanging them on one side or making a kind of “mirror corridor”.
The trend of the new season is the design using rounded shells. Exclusive curved nightstands placed under the sink will become unacceptable in a modern interior. Bathroom design should be concise. This applies in 2023 not only to small rooms, but also to spaces of impressive size.
On the territory of the shower area, it is worth deviating a little from the rule. A rectangular pallet, a straight retractable partition, and a ventilation grill of the same shape will look attractive. All such techniques will balance the room.
An important role is played by the choice of furniture and accessories. Along the perimeter it is possible to arrange laconic consoles, high rectangular cabinets, mirrors. This solution harmoniously organizes the space with the washing machine with minimal effort.
For a small bath with a washing machine without a toilet, the following stylistic solutions are used in modern conditions, thanks to which the room performs a wide variety of functions:
- Use of smart faucets. For small bathrooms, designers recommend choosing models equipped with touch buttons and LED backlighting that can change color depending on the temperature of the water. This will allow you to carry out water procedures without getting burned or hypothermia.
- Illumination equipped with motion sensors. This solution is especially suitable for owners of small bathtubs combined with a toilet. The use of additional energy-saving lamps contributes to the creation of soft diffused and comfortable light. This solution allows you to move freely and safely around the room without fear of hurting anything.
- Use of heated cabinets Such an innovative solution will help maintain order in the bathroom. In this case, the use of heated towel rails is not necessary. Bath towels should only be placed on a shelf. They dry themselves out.
- An electronic shower control system will become an indispensable solution. One has only to press the button, as the water temperature, lighting and much more will be adjusted.
If there are glass partitions in the room, this allows a sufficient amount of light to be attracted here. In this case, to create privacy, you should consider what kind of curtains will be on the windows. Experts recommend the use of frosted glass, which can hide from prying eyes what is not provided for them.
In the coming season, designers will finally abandon chandeliers and large ceiling lights. For a small bath in Khrushchev without a toilet, zonal and spot lighting fixtures will look attractive. In the design of the bathroom, the following lighting options are supposed to be used:
- Spotlights located at a certain distance;
- LED illumination of mirrors or space above the bath, on the ceiling and along the floor surface;
- Minimalistic interior lamps located along the walls.
For a bathroom with a washing machine and a toilet, stylists offer the following color schemes:
- the room will become warmer, lighter and larger with the help of beige and peach tones;
- is a cool, neutral and soothing gray shade;
- there is a feeling of purity, freshness and a pleasant sea breeze with the help of blue and green tones, which can be pastel or saturated;
- elegance to the interior will give a choice of earthy and coffee colors;
- contributes to cleanliness, freshness, the use of white in the interior.
The use of matte black elements in the form of furniture, faucets or accessories will emphasize the style of the room. This will make the room more harmonious.
Quite often, tiles of all kinds are used in the bathroom. The design of 2023 is also being developed by specialists using this material. There are many options for covering with a photo for a bathroom with a shower or combined with a bathroom.
Among the options presented, the photo of the following design solutions looks particularly preferable:
- the option in the form of a tile with a 3D effect looks original;
- elegance, luxury, rigor contributes to the option in the form of imitation of black marble;
- attracts the attention of a tile with a floral pattern;
- for high-tech and modern style, you should make a choice in favor of imitation of polished and oxidized metal;
- the use of mosaics helps to give the interior the right rhythm and geometric clarity.
Fact! To make the bathroom look harmonious, floor tiles should be selected in the same style as for wall surfaces. Also an attractive solution would be the choice of terrazzo, cork flooring, pebbles, natural wood. The choice should be made depending on the taste preferences and financial viability of the homeowner.
When new trends appear in the interior, old ones are assimilated with them. Designers recommend abandoning the following next season:
- Plastic will not look attractive and fashionable. For this reason, plastic hooks, shelves, accessories should be abandoned, replacing them with wooden, stone or iron ones.
- Do not paint the walls in bright colors. This will not allow you to relax. For this reason, do not use bright accents in the room.
- Avoid open storage systems. Give preference to wall cabinets and built-in structures. This will help create an attractive appearance and hide all things from view.
The bathroom should be convenient and comfortable. The room should be decorated in such a way that it looks harmonious, and the person in it feels comfortable. Every little detail in creating a bathroom can be decisive. For this reason, you should first consult with the master. He will advise what will fit perfectly into the design, and what should be discarded.