At first glance, the main part of the furnishings of a room intended for water procedures is plumbing. But furniture in the bathroom should be placed so that all the necessary items are at hand. Its choice should be approached responsibly, since high humidity often deforms wood products.
Bathroom furniture should be selected taking into account the area, design style. You need to think over the location of cabinets and shelves, decide on the arrangement of the necessary things, pedestals.
It is recommended to store in the bathroom only what is needed for water procedures, for washing, cleaning.
Basic requirements for bathroom furniture:
- Water resistance. For furnishings, items made of materials that do not deteriorate from exposure to moisture are suitable.
- Multifunctionality. Items should not only emphasize the design, but also be always at hand.
- Ease of removing dirt, drops, streaks. Bathroom furniture should be free of protruding parts, cracks that are clogged with dust.
- Health safety. The materials from which the items are made must not emit any harmful substances.
- Ease of use. Do not install pull-out pieces of furniture in narrow bathtubs.
- Practicality. Under the floor furniture with legs, easy to clean, remove water. For the same purpose, it is advisable not to push objects close to the walls.
Bathroom furniture looks beautiful, combined with the overall style.
Choosing furniture for bathroom planning
Part of the room is occupied by plumbing with water pipes. Therefore, they often resort to unusual forms of designer furniture, hanging elements, in order to get the most out of the remaining space.
Typically, small bathrooms have less space than large ones. There is not enough space for a variety of household appliances and furniture. However, there are options for a suitable environment for them.
The set of furniture for a small bathroom is limited to a few storage items. The dimensions of the room are visually increased by choosing the finish and furnishings in light colors with a minimum of decorations.
For small bathrooms, large mirrors or glossy furniture fronts are recommended. Cabinets (open shelves), a water heater, and a dryer are placed above the plumbing.
To save space, the space under the sink is often used, where there is often a cabinet or a washing machine.
Instead of a bath, some owners install a modern shower cabin.
Floor furniture is placed close to the bath. To protect against moisture, you can install a plastic or glass partition between them.
Some tips for decorating small rooms are applicable in rooms where the length is greater than the width. Here, objects are often placed along the walls.
Also in such a room you can arrange corner furniture, install a sink built into the cabinet. Tall, shallow cabinets and racks will fit into such rooms.
Furniture doors are recommended to be made sliding, not swinging open – then they will not interfere with free movement around the room.
Do not overload the space with a large number of items. Additional places for the necessary things can be organized under the sink, above the plumbing.
The design, arrangement of furniture in a room with a window depends on where it goes: to the street or to the next room. In the first case, it is customary to use the opening as an additional source of lighting and ventilation.
Original stained glass can be inserted into the frame if it is compatible with the style of decoration.
If the window is not supposed to be opened, it can be closed with a decorative screen. Some bathroom owners make doors on the window openings, install narrow shelves inside the formed niche for storing household chemicals and care products.
In a spacious bathroom setting, it is easy to embody many ideas. You can purchase a set for her from several wardrobes, pedestals, with a table and mirrors. Often, the owners choose a spacious bath and install it at some distance from the walls.
Only small pieces of furniture look bad in a spacious room. It is better to refuse them, since they will be barely noticeable against the background of the rest.
A washbasin in the bathroom should be purchased taking into account the layout and design. From a variety of options, you can choose a convenient one that fits into the overall picture.
The sink is:
- on a stand;
In a small bathroom, a washbasin mounted in a cabinet is often installed. This piece of furniture is needed for hiding pipes under the sink, storing things. It is desirable that the color and style of the cabinet match the rest of the furniture in the room.
You can save space in a small room by installing a sink above the bathtub.
The size of furniture used for towels, household chemicals, hair and skin care products should be determined based on the area of the room. Most often, the bathroom is installed:
- Shelves : straight or corner. We need to supply products for bathing, cosmetics.
- Cabinets with shelves or drawers (sometimes with a built-in sink). They usually store stocks of bath and toilet detergents.
- Cabinets : floor-standing or hanging. Items that are rarely used are hidden in cabinets.
- Mirror. An accessory that is often placed over a washbasin. It is attached to the wall or to the cabinet door. With this product, there is no need to install an additional lamp when the light level is sufficient.
It is necessary to take care of the stable position of floor objects, good attachment to the walls of hanging cabinets, shelves, mirrors.
The choice of furniture style depends on the design of the bathroom. For example:
- For the classics, beautiful bathroom furniture is made of wood. The presence of many parts, mirrors is welcomed.
- For high-tech, models with shiny facades are suitable.
- In country, furniture that looks like antiques looks good.
- For the fusion style, which combines different colors, textures, materials, items of different modifications are suitable. The bathroom will turn out to be bright and unusual.
If the store does not have furniture that meets the needs, it can be made to order.
For a bathroom decorated in cool colors, it is recommended to purchase furniture in warm colors. And against the background of light walls, a bright setting or contrasting (dark) stands out well.
You should not combine many colors in the bathroom: the eyes get tired from the variety of bright shades.
Beige, blue, brown furniture is combined with classic style. Hi-tech is suitable for white or gray. Fusion is characterized by the brightness of the shades.
The most common bathroom furniture made from light or dark wood. It can be combined with different types of design, looks beautiful.
The only drawback is that this material, without impregnation, quickly deteriorates from moisture, becomes moldy. Therefore, you should choose items treated with varnish.
Cheaper and less durable materials for the manufacture of furniture – boards made of glued wood fibers, small chips. They need careful treatment with water-repellent compounds.
Important! Wooden furniture facades can be covered with paint, plastic, film.
But metal furnishings are combined only with high-tech style. This material is also used to make fittings. The main requirement is corrosion protection, strength.
There is also modern plastic furniture. It is often installed in the bathroom if complex shapes are assumed in the design. However, this material is less durable than metal and wood.
Some designers offer to decorate the bathroom interior with sinks, shelves, cabinet doors made of glass. The disadvantage of the material is the difficulties arising from washing, removing dirt and drops.
The furnishings in a water treatment room should not only be combined with style, but also be practical and functional. The photo shows examples of the arrangement of furniture in the bathroom.
Furniture should match the design and color scheme of the bathroom. It is important that the models are made of materials that can not deteriorate from high humidity for a long time.