We start our morning from the bathroom, and here we do our evening exercise, ending our day. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the harmonious and functional arrangement of this room. Smart design will help you combine modern trends with personal preferences. Consider the beautiful, trendy and modern bathroom interior designs 2022.
The modern style (translated from English – “modern”) appeared in the 60s of the XX century, incorporating the convenience of the Scandinavian style, the restraint and geometricity of minimalism, the functionality of constructivism. Its direct purpose was to decorate the interior of small apartments.
This had to be done with taste, relying on modest funds, as well as a small selection of furniture and decor items of mass production. So, what makes the modern style stand out from the rest:
- laconism and simplicity of design;
- functionality and convenience of furniture items;
- the use of built-in furniture, modular wardrobes;
- dividing the premises into zones;
- clear geometric shapes, smooth surfaces;
- a moderate amount of decorative elements, accessories;
- neutral color palette, contrasting details are acceptable.
This style is universal, because it does not subject the space to strict rules, but adjusts itself to it. The main task of modern style in the interior is to take care of the comfort of people. Accordingly, natural and quality man-made materials are preferred.
Fashion ideas of 2022 suggest that a small room like a bathroom can look beautiful.
Despite the fact that the size of the bathroom is small and the furnishings do not contain anything superfluous, you can visually expand the area and diversify the interior if you choose the right color scheme:
- White as the main one goes well with any others. It is suitable for walls and ceilings (even floors), plumbing. A light achromatic tone will create a feeling of lightness, spaciousness and special purity. If you dwell on this option for a color scheme, then the materials will need to be selected in such a way that they can be easily cleaned.
- Gray is also popular in bathroom design in 2022. It emphasizes the severity and conciseness of the style, and at the same time balances the presence of white (snow-white cabinet details and plumbing items). Natural stone or ceramic tiles that imitate marble look especially noble.
- Black is one of the favorites among fashion trends in interior design in recent years. Like white, black is compatible with the entire palette, but for bathroom design, it is preferable to combine it with soft pastel tones. It will add dynamics to the atmosphere of the room, add mysticism: chrome parts and mirrors will play with new colors.
- Blue is reminiscent of the sea and wonderful summer days. It creates a soothing psychological background, allows you to relax while taking a bath. An excellent design solution would be to use white and wooden items in the bathroom interior (plumbing fixtures, cabinets, small accessories).
- Brown wood surfaces will help create a trendy eco-friendly style that will appeal to people with healthy lifestyles and various wellness practices. This color adjusts to a calm mood, creates an atmosphere of comfort. To enhance the feeling that you are not indoors, but in nature, you can use an earthy tint for your floor tiles and pick up green accessories (rugs, dispensers, vases).
In whatever color option the color of the bathroom is sustained, its materials should be organically combined with the general style solution.
The selection of materials for finishing the bathroom should be approached with special care, given the high humidity of the room. Poor-quality paint can flake off, tiles run the risk of being coated, and the chipboard from which the cabinets are made swells under the influence of heat and water.
Traditionally, ceramic tiles are used for the bathroom floor. It is moisture resistant, easy to clean, there are always options on the market in various patterns and sizes.
- Porcelain stoneware has a rough surface, which is important for a bathroom. In addition, this material is an imitation of natural stone, which gives the interior a natural look.
- A self-leveling floor continues to be a fashionable material in 2022. A wide scope of imagination is provided here. And no matter which drawing you choose, the floor will look beautiful and realistic.
- Wood is an environmentally friendly and modern material that retains natural heat. Bathrooms require moisture-resistant wood flooring, which is undoubtedly more expensive. But wood will give the space a natural look.
- Paint is the simplest option for interior decoration. However, you should not save money, but you should take a closer look at high-quality water-based and acrylic paints. They can withstand temperature extremes and contain ingredients that prevent mold.
- Ceramic tiles are the most popular for wall covering. A huge selection makes it possible to choose the color, pattern, texture and even the shape of the product in order to decorate the bathroom to your liking.
- Natural stone is a luxurious and beautiful material, one of the top sellers in 2022. Its use will give the interior an impression of solidity and solidity. In addition to external influences, natural material also performs a useful function: it is environmentally friendly.
- The budget option is, as is the case with the walls, traditional painting. It is recommended to use it if the walls are not high enough to make a suspended ceiling.
- Plasterboard is often used for the design of ceilings, as it allows you to give the structure any shape, as well as to build in recessed lights. Such ceilings can be either single or multi-level.
- Stretch ceilings are considered the most fashionable now. They are quickly installed, have spectacular coatings (including those with 3D printing), and can protect against water leakage from the upper floor. But this coating requires care, because it is easy to damage it.
Faucets and mixers have also undergone innovative changes: now they are able to regulate the flow of water by spraying, purify water, and create backlighting. In addition, accessories not only fulfill their direct functions, but also look beautiful and serve as interesting interior accents.
Often, the bathroom is combined in order to use the area of the room to the maximum. Sometimes the bathtub is replaced with a shower stall, faucets are built right into the wall, and non-standard washbasins are used.
Lighting fixtures can create the illusion that the space in a room is larger than it actually is. This works especially well if the room is decorated in light shades, and there are many mirrors on the walls. In addition to lighting the bathroom, lamps also become decorative elements. Beautiful, correctly selected elements will emphasize the style of the interior.
You can line up the lighting in a straight or curved line, following the contours of the false ceiling. You can arrange the fixtures in a checkerboard pattern or in dots. Current design ideas include wall sconces next to shelves or above a mirror. An additional light source will allow you to clearly see the contents of drawers or shelves, as well as to perform cosmetic procedures in front of a mirror.
Decorative details – a soap dish, a toothbrush cup – should also be in keeping with the contemporary style. It is desirable that they are not made of plastic, but made of environmentally friendly materials: wood, metal, artificial stone.
Bathrobes and towels, rugs must be selected in the general color scheme. Nothing should get out of the way. Textiles should harmoniously complement the existing ensemble.