Modern realities suggest that the bathroom should be not only visually attractive, but also well equipped. Bathroom design trends 2023 is a place to relax, enjoy your favorite water treatments and take care of yourself. Today it is not customary to treat bathrooms in a purely practical way: designers and even psychotherapists recommend considering them as an ideal corner for visual and physical relaxation.
This may surprise some, but bathroom design trends are changing more often than living room and kitchen design trends. A variety of materials and imagination of interior designers allow finding the most original and unexpected solutions for such seemingly not too large rooms. Those who are closely following interior design changes should learn a little more about what design tricks and finishes will be trendy for the bathroom in 2023.
2023 is a time of simplicity and naturalness. Luxurious bathrooms, comparable in decoration to almost palaces, and tiles of bright colors and something frankly psychedelic, like a total black bathroom with floor lighting, are gradually becoming a thing of the past. According to the designers, now we lack peace and quiet, and it is vitally important to subordinate the interior to create harmony inside and out. This is what characterizes the five most requested bathroom trends for 2023.
Soothing naturalness and serenity are today at the heart of a key concept in bathroom design. Today, the desire for unity with nature is becoming more and more in demand both for residents of megalopolises, where so often there is not enough air and light, and for residents of spacious country houses. For those who want to let lightness, serenity and natural freshness into their interior, it is recommended to pay attention to the following techniques:
- Calm, almost neutral palette, allowing you to completely relax your vision. Classic shades of beige, brown, gray, soft green and muted white still dominate trendy interiors, and the bathroom is no exception.
- The most natural textures. The bright shine of the tiles gave way to the subtle but tangible beauty of natural stone, marble, polished terracotta, onyx and majolica based on natural clay. The charm of such textures is revealed gradually, but quickly enough captivates.
- Even more light and transparency. Designers tend to deny the presence of bulky structures in the bathroom. They are being replaced by stylish showers, and those who can afford it install glass partitions and walls and even glass ceilings.
- Enjoy a space where green plants are present. A modern bathroom cannot be viewed as such without plants. The more of them in the room, the more your interior is in line with modern trends. Most importantly, choose shade-loving and moisture-loving plants that will feel extremely comfortable in such an environment.
Designers send whimsical patterns of classics and baroque to the past. Intricate figures and asymmetry follow. Extremely clear geometric forms come to the fore, giving a tangible rhythm to the interior and enchanting with absolute harmony. A similar effect is achieved using the following design solutions:
- strict and laconic ornament on the tile – most often abstract;
- the correct and angular shape of the tile itself, while the rectangle has become an unconditional favorite;
small patterns repeating in an exact sequence.
Rounded washbasins, exclusive curved vanities and quirky shelves are also worth putting off until better times. Although the designers do not openly declare this, the fact remains: conciseness has finally settled in modern bathrooms, conquering not only small, but also impressive spaces….
- Design of the shower area. Today it is easy to do without pretentiousness and excessive exclusivity: a rectangular pallet, a straight pull-out partition and a ventilation grill of the same shape are enough to achieve the balance so important today.
- Furniture and accessories. Laconic consoles, tall rectangular cabinets, mirrors without pretentious frames provide a harmonious organization of space with minimal effort.
Achievements of scientific and technological progress today are so firmly integrated into the field of design that it is difficult to do without them when creating relevant interior solutions. There are many technical innovations on the market today that will make the 2023 bathroom design even more convenient and functional. Among them:
- Smart mixers. Models with touch buttons and a spout with LED lighting that changes color depending on the water temperature are the best solutions, especially for families with children. Now you can perform water procedures without fear of getting burned or hypothermia.
- Backlight with motion sensors. This is a great solution for owners of a combined bathroom and those who want to feel confident when they need to visit the bathroom at night. Additional energy-saving lamps create soft, diffused light that is comfortable for the eyes and sufficient for safe movement.
- Electrochromatic glass. Wide floor-to-ceiling windows and glass partitions allow more natural light into the bathroom. However, there is also a privacy side to this coin. A way out of the situation is special glass, which becomes frosted and hides everything from prying eyes with one press of a switch.
- Heated cabinets. An innovative solution to keep your room tidy. Now there is no need to break the harmony with the bath accessories hanging on the heated towel rail: the towels folded in such a cabinet will dry themselves.
- Electronic shower control systems. These are panels with buttons that allow you to adjust the temperature and force of the water pressure, change the type of jet and even adjust the lighting in the shower room.
However, these are far from all the technical innovations offered for the bathroom. Those who are crazy about gadgets should also pay attention to mobile applications for managing plumbing fixtures, touch-sensitive soap dispensers, mirrors with built-in TVs and toilets with automatic flush, built-in air freshener and heated seats.
Ahead of 2023, designers have declared a decisive battle against bathroom clutter. No negligence, mess and unnecessary things “for beauty”. A flawless bathroom today shines with the cleanliness and thoughtfulness of every piece, which is achieved with the following pieces of furniture and accessories:
- closed cabinets and storage systems;
- special racks and rails;
- properly selected storage system for care products and cosmetics.
However, this does not mean that your bathroom should be faceless. Decorating a room still allows you to bring exclusivity to the interior, and therefore, in no case should you neglect it. However, it is important to maintain a sense of proportion. All free spaces, of course, should not be covered with figurines, candles, vases and posters. Still, two or three stylish and well-chosen accessories will make the bathroom look like the cover of a glossy magazine.
The current bathroom palette for 2023 is not so diverse – however, the most harmonious combinations are possible within its limits. So, pay attention to the following colors and shades:
- blue and green – pastel or rich, creating a feeling of cleanliness, freshness and a pleasant sea breeze;
- earthy and coffee-like for undoubtedly elegant interiors;
- beige and peach – tones that combine warmth, light and visual space;
- gray – cool, soothing and neutral;
- white – clean, fresh and always up-to-date.
An interesting detail is the matt black elements in the bathroom interior. These can be pieces of furniture, faucets or accessories. In any case, thanks to them, the room will look even more pleasant.
In 2023, chandeliers and large ceiling lights will finally go into the shade, giving priority to spot and spot lighting. Bathroom design 2023 assumes the following lighting:
- spotlights located in certain areas;
- LED lighting of mirrors or space above the bathroom, as well as ceiling and floor;
- minimalistic interior lamps on the walls.
- Quartz vinyl tiles. The moisture-resistant PVC coating combines the advantages of linoleum and laminate and will delight you with environmental friendliness.
- Terrazzo. The tiles with the famous Venetian design have become the hallmark of the most stylish interiors.
- Cork floor. A natural and striking eco-style bathroom floor.
- Pebbles. Quite a unique solution that will appeal to those who love everything unusual. It is unwise to use pebbles for the entire floor area, therefore, it is most often recommended for finishing shower areas.
- Natural wood. Rare exclusive bathroom option. For such a floor, special elements are required – with a moisture-resistant impregnation or coating.
Despite the impressive variety of materials, tiles and porcelain stoneware remain the best solutions for bathroom floors and walls. Today companies produce hundreds and even thousands of tile collections of various textures, patterns and colors. That said, the trends of 2023 are ruthless – and sternly filter out what will actually be fashionable. When considering a flooring solution, you should take a closer look at the following tile options:
- imitation of black marble – an elegant and luxurious material, austere, respectable, refined and easy to maintain at the same time;
- tiles with 3D effect – creating volumetric geometric patterns with a sense of movement without bright accents;
- wood-effect tiles and porcelain stoneware – mostly in vintage style, with scuffs, cracks and the effect of brushed or rough processing;
- with a floral pattern – preferably large, tropical, in deep or neutral colors;
- imitation of polished and oxidized metal – ideal for high-tech, minimalist, urban and industrial bathrooms;
- Mosaic is still a great way to give the interior the right rhythm and geometric clarity.
Modern bathroom faucets successfully combine elegance and high-tech. I promise to be the most popular solutions for 2023:
- matt faucets with elegant long handles;
- single-lever mixers with open spout – both chrome-plated and colored;
- backlit touchscreen models;
- faucets with vintage handles and copper, brass or bronze finishes;
- futuristic mixers with a striking wide spout.
Bathroom storage systems in 2023 are completely subordinated to the concept of ergonomics and functionality, especially when it comes to a small room. The best solution for a modern interior in the coming year will be:
- narrow, vertically elongated wardrobes;
- built-in wardrobes with sliding doors;
- small wall cabinets with mirrored facades;
- wardrobes with smooth fronts without handles;
- furniture with lighting.
The mirror brings the necessary functionality to the bathroom and remains one of the key elements of interior design. Designers suggest paying maximum attention to the choice of this accessory and focusing on the following options:
- Mirrors with built-in lighting. Today they are at the peak of popularity, as they make the procedures more precise and can even act as a source of additional lighting.
- Frameless mirror. Frameless mirrors have been heralded as just about the only feasible solution for a modern bathroom in 2023. The maximum that designers allow is an unobtrusive thin chrome frame or glossy black frame.
- Fog mirrors. Indispensable for those who like to take a bath often and for a long time and take care of themselves. Now you do not need to worry about the transparency of the glass and do not waste time wiping and removing streaks.
- Double mirrors. A practical solution for large bathrooms. Thanks to such accessories, everyone can have their own little personal space.
- Mirrors with built-in TV. An excellent option for those who prefer to stay up to date or like to watch their favorite programs in the most comfortable environment.
Not all modern trends are suitable for bathrooms with limited space. Some of the trends are proposing to operate on a scale that is physically impossible in a small space. However, the designers have prepared in all directions and offer a variety of design solutions, offering a stylish 2023 small bathroom design:
- suspended and built-in storage systems;
- vertically aligned cabinets;
- combining a bath and a washbasin into a single shower area;
- laconic lamps, lighting for zoning;
- the use of glossy and mirror surfaces to visually increase the space;
- large tiles of light shades without any ornamentation;
- minimalistic sanitary ware with a laconic design.
What to Avoid in 2023 Bathroom Design
When new trends appear in the interior, the old ones assimilate with them or turn into tendencies that should be avoided, which can tell the sophisticated eye that your bathroom is no longer “in fashion”. To avoid this, you should abandon the following solutions:
- Plastic. It’s not sustainable, impractical, and looks incredibly cheap. Therefore, designers suggest removing plastic hooks, shelves, cabinets and accessories somewhere far away.
- Bright colors. As mentioned earlier, the bathroom is the place where you can relax and forget about the stress of the day. When the color of the walls and furniture dazzles the eyes, this cannot be done. Even if you are a fan of a rich palette, give up the idea of using even bright accents in the bathroom – it is better to leave stylish experiments for the kitchen or living room.
- Open storage systems. Shelves of various sizes and shapes are in line with the key trend of 2023 – ergonomics. When everything in your bathroom is in plain sight, it feels like a mess. Hanging cabinets and built-in storage systems with sliding doors help make a difference – and small shelves can be useful for storing live plants.
Finally, it is worth mentioning another key key aspect defining the bathroom design trends 2023 – individuality and harmony. When you enter a room and immediately feel peace and relaxation, when the interior as a whole and every little thing pleases the eye, and everything you need is at hand, you can congratulate yourself on the fact that your bathroom is the pinnacle of perfection, first of all for yourself. Even if you haven’t followed the hottest trends of the season.